The Parker twins were stillborn on this date, May 14th and buried at Bethel Burying Ground. Stephen and Elizabeth Parker lived at 19 South 17th Street with another child, according to the 1820 Federal Census. Mr. Parker’s was listed as “boot cleaner” in the 1820 City Directory. There are 15 other documented individuals buried at Bethel Burying Ground with the surname Parker.
The Parker’s residence was demolished in 1825 to make way for Franklin High School. The first public high school in Philadelphia. The school was shut down in 1837 and used as the Atwater Kent Museum; now known as the Philadelphia History Museum.