Ninety-year-old Manuel Till died this date, April 30th, in 1919 of complication due to Asthma and was buried at Bethel Burying Ground on May 1st. Born in 1729 he surely was enslaved at one point in his life. Research has not been able to uncover any other information on Mr. Till. There are five other individuals with the last name of “Till” buried on Queen Street. Hopefully, continued research will be able to add to this gentleman’s life story.
The city directory of 1818 reports that Mr. Till’s physician, Edward Haycock, had his practice at no. 50 South 2nd St. near to what is now known as Head House Square.